Give and Go
September 4, 2009
It’s Friday, finally. Long weekend looks mighty good right now, and we’re nearing the start of the season, slowly but surely. Here is your Give and Go.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey has finally started league registration. If you’ve never tried fantasy hockey, I strongly suggest you do. You’ll thank me later, if you can ever manage to leave your team’s roster page.
- Speaking of fantasy hockey, Puck Daddy is placing Andrei Markov at #96 out of the top 100 fantasy-worthy players in the league. Yep, that’s exactly where the second best blueliner in the league belongs.
- The Hockey News cleverly speculates on Paul Kelly’s dismissal from the NHLPA.
- Glen Healy has resigned as Director of Player Affairs of the NHLPA. There goes the second best coif in the business.
- Francois Gagnon provides some great insight on the Luongo deal. That CBA loophole keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- Habs on the Prize takes a good look at what Robert Lang could bring to the table. Personally, I’d take a Robert Lang over a Tomas Plekanec any day.
- Captain Markov to the rescue? Red Fisher seems to think so. This isn’t the first time that it’s been brought up, either. Is the Habosphere making a case to Jacques Martin?
- Lions in Winter puts together a great piece on which Habs are doing the scoring.
- Back to Andrei Markov, here’s a little something to get you pumped up for everyone’s favorite Russian d-man.