Give and Go
It’s Friday, finally. Long weekend looks mighty good right now, and we’re nearing the start of the season, slowly but surely. Here is your Give and Go.
- Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey has finally started league registration. If you’ve never tried fantasy hockey, I strongly suggest you do. You’ll thank me later, if you can ever manage to leave your team’s roster page.
- Speaking of fantasy hockey, Puck Daddy is placing Andrei Markov at #96 out of the top 100 fantasy-worthy players in the league. Yep, that’s exactly where the second best blueliner in the league belongs.
- The Hockey News cleverly speculates on Paul Kelly’s dismissal from the NHLPA.
- Glen Healy has resigned as Director of Player Affairs of the NHLPA. There goes the second best coif in the business.
- Francois Gagnon provides some great insight on the Luongo deal. That CBA loophole keeps getting bigger and bigger.
- Habs on the Prize takes a good look at what Robert Lang could bring to the table. Personally, I’d take a Robert Lang over a Tomas Plekanec any day.
- Captain Markov to the rescue? Red Fisher seems to think so. This isn’t the first time that it’s been brought up, either. Is the Habosphere making a case to Jacques Martin?
- Lions in Winter puts together a great piece on which Habs are doing the scoring.
- Back to Andrei Markov, here’s a little something to get you pumped up for everyone’s favorite Russian d-man.